Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Off topic > Alone in da house...

Wife and baby took off recently, they’re now enjoying their time in the Republic, somewhere on the coastline. I shall join them in a few weeks.

In the mean time, i find It quite different; Few good things about it include being technically single again, which means some freedom and piece of mind as well. The past year’s been hectic with Wife’s pregnancy and baby…, it’s tough but I’ve managed it the best I could and my wife gave me an A- (well no one is perfect, isn’t?)


The bad thing about being alone is of course missinng my little family; it’s too dull at home, too silent, no waawaa, no guuuguuu, no daaadaaa, no feeding, kissing, playing....and the perks of being married :)

Notwithstanding, got to take advantage of it, so here’s what i have in my mind:

  1. Rest, get some sleep and recharge the reactors. Play some tennis, get in shape.
  1. Take the opportunity to travel around North America, visit some friends here and there, burn some diesel fuel with my Volks, eventually end up with a speeding ticket from a State Trooper or a Mountie, fight it in court, my other favorite hobby…Your Honor!!!!
  1. Review next year’s plan and re-assess my existence in this land (I’ve been doing that every year and constantly failing to find a consensus, stay or leave, the eternal question)
  1. Help some bloggers get married (yes I’m talking about you Mrs. Smith). Piss off some other bloggers, they know who they are. Hint: the ”lek chou ya habibi” gang :-)
  1. Give raises to the 6 Software Engineers working in my team before it’s too late (market too competitive these days). Convince my boss to fire the staff in mainland Europe (slackers, 6 weeks vac and 14 breaks per day) and relocate them to labor law friendly UK or Ireland.
  1. Put some peronal budget guidelines, i.e. no excess spending for next FY. There too I’ve been constantly failing. I always predict a number at the beginning of the year which turns different at the end….way too different.
  1. Probably paint a room, an inch every week! The Lazy way, love it. Knowing in advance that I won’t do it right, I’ll call up a painter the day before my departure.
  1. Sell my desktop. Too bulky. I’ve been dreaming of getting the Dell Precision M90, providing I get a performance bonus at work. Well, they better give me.
  1. Start shopping for a day-case for my little daughter. Need to find a bilingual one with Arabic if possible, I know, it’s Mission Impossible!
  1. Mass-download music, then sort out what I need. My ISP just offered unlimited bandwidth, well, sort of, it’s like 2G/month or so, so i shall spawn some bots to suck the torrents, the limewire, and all those p2p networks. My fabourite music is Arabic re-mastered, remixed and re-invented original stuff, like Said Mrad’s 1001 nights.
That’s it for now, so let’s get down to business :)

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

napo, you illustrate indirectly that being single is more exiciting than married,no? :-)
must go for now...(to complete)

1:59 AM  
Blogger Imperator said...

Salut,
tu es un agent du capitalisme sauvage?tu veux délocaliser?
c'est quoi le day-case?
sérieux et le programme caché c'est quoi?je t'assure la "Madame" n'en saurait rien.
A+

2:14 AM  
Blogger Napo said...

@anthony, depends what playing means in your world

@switfy: pas vrai, mais de temps en temps ca aide le couple bcp

@imperator: agent? c'est un peu fort, mais je suis adepte du capitalisme. sauvage? pas sur...je pense pas qu'etre productive est synonyme de sauvage.

@tarek: good idea, it's however on the back burner for now.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Imperator said...

ok nap dsl pour agent lool!!I am just teasing you!!vive l'offshore!!
A+

5:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that the most exciting thing in north america is the ability to travel and cross large distances very easily compared to any other places in the world.
You had big chance to have time to sleep and rest :-) for days and days ,for me it's a quite impossible there months :-( (work and WOrk again and again !)

Hope you could finish the majority of this 'filled' planning :-)

6:23 AM  
Blogger Napo said...

@imbratour, pas de probleme :) marhbé bik. quant a l'offshore, il fait actuelmement vivre bcp de pays en Asie :-)

@swifty. once you get into the family business (inshallah rabbi ya3tik ma titmanna) it will be much tougher. thanks for the wishes.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Imperator said...

ah j'ai oublié et le programme caché c'est quoi?
A+

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hani jit we 9krit the interesting "off topic" post.
It's flattering to know that I'm part fo your concerns, don't make it an obsession though ;-ppp

I'm curious to know about the " lek chou habibi " crew , it sounds like some lebanese issue.
Watch out Sir, I've plenty of friends there, mostly lebanese chiks. Mr Smith is also supposed to be there( you know who I'm talking about ) and hey, I forgot to tell that I dated a lebanese guy, too :-)))

I advise not to "te7reb eddenia fi dar" coz once il madama is back and she finds the mess you've done, especilaly the painting thing, euuuh, yomken ettalla3 3alik ennahar :-)
And talking about music, tell me Mr DJ, have you ever heard a funny song - of an egyptian new band - named " ommi msefra we 7a3mel 7afla "? ( in your case it's " marti msefra ..." :ppp )

7:33 AM  
Blogger Na Da said...

le titre du post me rapplle un jeu video PS2 qui m'a fait faire des cauchemards à une époque..."Alone in da dark" :D

2:08 AM  
Blogger SNAWSI said...

see guys, he seems already sane3 jawou : haw taffa les comments et les blogs we yendra win hmel :-ppp

za3ma bdit il painting walla burning diesel ?:-)))

11:03 AM  
Blogger Youyou said...

Hé hé hé there's definitely plenty of lebanease in Canada...

@l'esprit de Jack: c'était tellement bon alone in the dark, mes premières frayeurs virtuelles devant un ordi...oufff ça me rajeunis pas ça mon bon ami ;)

@Imperator: dis donc toi, tu traques le capitaliste sur toute la blogosphère ou quoi? ;) :-p

8:57 PM  
Blogger Youyou said...

Said Mrad’s 1001 nights ... c'est très bien ça! Il a fait "Toba" qui est top also, le titre international c'est “Said Mrad Plays Baligh Hamdi” je crois. Par contre j'ai pas encore eu l'occasion d'écouter son tout dernier...

9:03 PM  
Blogger Napo said...

@EDJ, connais pas ! mais j'apprends de toi

@um Zied: i'm starting to miss her already but with high tech webcams and DSL, i should survive..well we'll see. how is zayd doing? been to laRonde yet this season?

As for the lebs, most of them are good, but few laissent a desirer and they need someone to remind some truth and teach them some History !

@snawsi, aya winek? wassup? give me a status report on Mr Smith, are you homing on something? stay away from lebs, hard to manage and trust is so so (exceptions do occur). I'm not home yet, i'm somewhere on the east coast posting this message and still have some diesel fuel left, my Volks does an impressive 45 MPG.

@youyou, the new album is Dj Said Murad - Esmerim - 2006, let me know if you need a copy, i can upload it somewhere. btw, you're persona non grata here :-)))))

2:23 PM  
Blogger Youyou said...

@napo: "you're persona non grata here :-)))))" I cant help but wonder how much that comment is a joke, I'll go for the "it's a joke" option, if I'm wrong I'll probably realise it soon enought ;)

4:40 PM  
Blogger Napo said...

@um zayd. sa77a lik !!! Brabbi enjoy your time, et profite avant que la grande chaleur s'installe !

8:09 PM  
Blogger SNAWSI said...

Ya3ni mazelt te houmel si Napo ? sa7a lik ya khouya :-))
sayess 3al karhba quand même et puis t'as l'air de ne pas avoir la tête reposée donc na7kiou later fil mawdhou3 Mr smith ;-)))

3:41 AM  
Blogger Youyou said...

Oh just read that..."As for the lebs, most of them are good, but few laissent a desirer and they need someone to remind some truth and teach them some History ! "...that probably means that me being a persona non grata here wasent a joke after all.

Cette remarque ainsi que le "@chantal, i've already spoken !" sont décidément d'une prétention vraiment sans bornes, mais je ne vais pas pourrir ton post et ton blog avec mes comments, donc je vais juste me taire et partir. So, je vous tire ma révérence mes amis.

Ciao tutti :) and keep smiling :)

12:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home