Thursday, September 28, 2006

Rythme Infernal...

Since the start of Ramadan, my workload increased all of a sudden as if it was timed.

I wake up around 5 to have my shour, and then I try to go to bed,for an hour or two, but hardly close my eyes. Around 8:30, I head for work with busy schedules, projects, builds, deployments, meetings, conflicts, politics galore, then head home around 6pm (non stop), just in time for shaqan il fatr, exhauted, then do my job as father up until 9pm, when baby goes to sleep, so I can spend some time cleaning up bills and checking up personal matters…then spend some time with wife, then simply fall asleep on the couch or get dragged to bed.

Ramadhan and I are friends so far, I guess when I’m busy I don’t feel it…

For my readers, ssorry if I don’t blog too much lately, my jar of topics will eventually get full and I’ll write up journals!!! providing time is freed.

Ah an update about my TN venture,:my CEO was receptive to the idea of doing business with TN, but apparently I need to do lots of education about the country, the people and the work habits (certainly not during ramadan :)

The job market in North-America is very hot these days….i can hardly find a qualified Software Senior Engineer to staff my team, and I have to go through blood sucking staffing agencies.

That's it,

10 Comments:

Blogger samsoum said...

hi hi, sounds very familiar. I myself wake up at 5:00 AM eat s7our and head directly to work for a 13 hours non stop, but I put in my calendar 4 slots of 20 mn to visit the tn-blogs wihch became now an addiction :-).
For the job market, we're having the same problem in the bay area, I still have 3 Senior Staff Engineer reqs open since July (one of them a hot job). Since our company is well known, we rely mainly our web site and internal jobs site and I put the word to a lot of people I know out there but still can't find any good candidate since it is in the SOA field and it is kind of too recent technology to find senior candidates.
PS: Goof luck for your venture

10:40 PM  
Blogger SNAWSI said...

Look who's here ? I got depserate reading a new Napo's post :'(
Esse3a romdhanek mabrouk to you and your family.
What a crazy rythem of life you have, man! Hope at least you catch up on weekends to have some rest.
As for your TN project: rabbi ma3ak we barra ( especially while explaining tn work habits;)

I'll be wating for more posts. take care :)

2:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy to read you again bouha ;-)
sure after ramadan when you fill say: How beautiful was ramadan :-) !

chahia tayyba

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

typo=>
sure after ramadan you will say: How beautiful was ramadan :-) !

3:36 AM  
Blogger Napo said...

samsoun, chouft, it's quite addictive, but i think i'm over that period now.

SOA is very new indeed, but 7il essora til9a khit (ca rime ensemble)..it's just an amalgamation of already defined technologies and concepts, like platform independence, entreprise software, web services, etc...

Ah those buzz words !!!

@snawsi. long time no c, romdhanik mabrouk inti zeda !!! i hope you're doing well, did you catch any Mr Smith recently?

@swifty, true, ramadhan is great man. it's unique and i really enjoy it in north america, even if i'm missing so much :-(

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

at least there are not hot days there in canada's ramadan as it is the case in Tunisia this year!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rondhanek Mabrouk, Napo!

I think that Ramadhan outside Tunisia is much easier than in Tunisia. I mean keeping busy at work all day long, just makes it easier to forget about hunger. I find myself more productive, actually. The only bad thing is that at Shaqan fatr I have a tendency to eat a lot and fast :-) which means I get sleepy right after :-). This was the case of the previous years but this year it's a little different with Zayd. He needs lots of attention before I eat, while I am eating, and after I finished eating. This means, I get to eat slower, less, and digest faster because of all the action that takes place after dinner :-)

Good luck with doing business in TN. Keep us posted!

12:47 PM  
Blogger samsoum said...

@Napo. SOA as you said uses a lot of other existing technologies but what makes it interesting besides satisfaction of early adopters is the emergence of software like ESB (Entreprise service bus) and standards like SCA and the maturity of orchestration and security solutions which made the top 4 companies in the field (IBM,ORACLE,BEA,MICROSOFT) start seeing good revenue and potential growth, so they started pouring more money in it, in a hope to lead the market. I am just lucky to work with one of these companies and to be in the middle of this :-)

1:46 PM  
Blogger Youyou said...

Ramadan karim Mr N :)

5:40 PM  
Blogger Napo said...

allah y'khalik ya youyou !!

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home