Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Business > Dress Code

I can’t be more thankful to the work habits here in north America. Since I’ve joined the small company some 5 plus years ago, I never had to wear a neck tie, dress pants or a suit.

In the summer, I wake up; have breakfast, put any shorts I see in front of me, any descent shirt and head to work in sandals. When I got promoted to manager few years ago, I thought dressing down has come to an end, yet realized that my superior was no better than me, so I kept wearing the same old style, to the joy of wifie who never had to iron a shirt or a pant for the purpose of work since we were married.

Needless to say, that when it comes to interviewing a new candidate or meeting senior management, I head to the cleaners and prep the suit, the super white shirt and the Armani pants…..stuff that’s been sitting in the closet for ages, but still in style mind you.

I think also the fact that I work in the S/W and High Tech field helps a lot, different culture than banking or retail sector for instance.

One fun thing worth mentioning, is that when I dress up during a regular day, say to attend a function at the embassy or wife’s graduation, my colleagues thinks that I’m going to an interview, seeking a career change…

These days, I’m wearing a combination of clothes that does not exceed 100$

5 Comments:

Blogger SNAWSI said...

All that I could retain from that post is the approach Armani pants and the 100$ combination of clothes?
interesting :p

3:41 AM  
Blogger Napo said...

Snawsi, they're old pants..and 100$ is fairly descent compared to my TN male and female counterparts...

@umzayd. wirless & VPN rules.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

when I changed my work,the only hope of my mother was that I will be "forced" to wear suit :-)
I go to my new work the first day in shirt & class pant,after that: jeans+tee shirt every day :-) !
I like too working in relax clothes !

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Quel etait l'utilité de citer une partie de mon nom de famille sur le blog????
Pourquoi????

10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'etait sur mon blog!

4:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home